Dexworld.org

Well itís finally good to see you!

Welcome to the Dexworld.org forums. We like new folks around here, so since you're not registered yet, why donít you drop us a little note so we can get to know you?

We will be more than happy to show you more of our tight little community once we know who you are.

Go Back   Dexworld.org > Game Forums > Day Of Defeat Discussion
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
Pawn
n00b

Default Dexworld versus BAW Part 2

Howdy Folks,
For those of you that know me and still have me on your friends list, please let me apologize in advance.
For those of you that don't... well let me be the first to welcome you to the wonderful world of Day of Defeat.

Through attrition and sheer insanity I've become one of the (few) HMFIC's aka Council members at BAW (aka Bad Ass Wankers).
As for my Dexworld pedigree... I first started my DoD playing here back in early 2006 with my buddy & childhood friend Dash RipRock, who (curse his ass) after years of begging got me hooked on this wonderful game. I was always too busy playing Quake and Quake 3 to bother with DoD. I remember not liking the blocky looking player models that were shown in the DoD beta invite email I received eons prior. Plus the whole CS "shot spread" concept immediately turned me off.

On my Dexworld arrival Butterpants, Tallgeese, Phantom, Stu, Smegma, Fluff (a little later), Bob, Domn, Wookie, Pope aka Astronomy, Cuisinart, BuhBuhRay, Wolfpac and countless others took turns kicking my ass on a nightly basis. Dash told me the MG-42 was the best gun in the game, so I use to run around with it un-deployed wondering why I couldn't hit squat because the kick was so bad. :P
It might have been Domn or Bob who finally took pity on my silly ass and told me you had to deploy it by using the right mouse button. Of course I tried it and it failed since they neglected to tell me I needed to be prone or in a window. lol

Anyway fast forward to now...
While hanging out in Dexworld the other night, Rocket hit me up with a pretty cool suggestion and I will repost my follow up to my community members here.

Quote:
"Pawn,
I'm hoping we could do a match between our two communities. Hopefully sometime in late September. I know you are busy with your server work so let me know what would work best for you. As soon as we decide, we can both start advertising to our respective communities. Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks,
Rocket"
So I relayed Rocket's original along with the following message to our group at BAW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawn
"I got a message from my buddy Rocket over at Dexworld.
Let me know if your pusillanimous underwear has been removed and we'll pick up the gauntlet aka "challenge".
Personally I'm not scared. :P

All in good fun, plus they for all intents and purposes are our sister/brother clan. I've known those knuckleheads slightly longer than I've known you knuckleheads. :P
Anything that will help promote activity & interaction between two of the oldest and last remaining communities in the DoD hemisphere has to be a good thing.

PS
Our own Vlad was an admin there back in the day."
So there you have it. As soon as I hear back from my group I will let you folks know. Also we are currently in the process of migrating our server to a new provider (NFO) 74.91.116.175:27015. I know y'all seem to get a bit later start than we do since we are an East Coast based server and we have a lot of European players that tend to kick things off around 5-5:30 Eastern. So feel free to jump in for warmups, wear your Dex tags and I will also let my people know (that don't already) to swing by Dexworld. Especially the late night folks, cause that's how y'all roll.

I'm looking forward to a big community group hug of sorts as I know a good time had by all!

Thanks!
Pawn
Old 08-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
Bait
‹ber

nifing pawn would be awesome, sup man you ever play the quakelive that shit was pretty fun tho past the times of quake
Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
Pawn
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
nifing pawn would be awesome, sup man you ever play the quakelive that shit was pretty fun tho past the times of quake
You knife me enough already!

I tried out QLive a little bit last summer. It was a blast, but the whole time I played it I kept thinking how much they tweaked the old maps. My rail & shaft skills were still up to par as that is just aiming. But my RL timing and player movement were sadly outdated. I felt like the fat kid in gym class getting lapped while running track.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #4
Bait
‹ber

i can rarely go 1:1 that game (1:2)...nice chess image btw didn't know gifs could be made so long.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
Rabid Wookie
ooo Touch my Traa Laaa La! My Ding Ding Dong!

ADDED TO MY FAVORITES! I LIKE SO MUCH I PUT IN ALL CAPS!
Old 08-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
[b7]fluid
‹ber

I'm down for this as long as it's on a weekend
[b7]fluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #7
pvt.-headknocker
‹ber

Ya
RIP my friend

Ps- SHUT YOUR WHINY BITCHY PIE HOLE AND PLAY or YOUR GONNA GET BANNED
Yours truly,
buhbuhray
RIP my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domnatr
I can't do that, then you guys will see how I hack.
pvt.-headknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
Stu Pidazole
Sorry, I don't speak tard

I'd go for this, since I'm a semi-regular with the Wankers. If it don't confict with something on the weekend, I'm in.
Stu Pidazole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #9
WOLFPAC

I hope I can find time for this it sounds like fun....
WOLFPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #10
Pawn
n00b

My folks are excited to see this happen.
Let's set some tentative dates and times. I will setup a vote on our forums to see what gets the most hits and y'all do the same here.

I know most people can play on a Friday or Saturday evening.
I'm booked on Friday the 20th (going to see Clutch) and Saturday the 28th (Tedeschi Trucks Band). :P
However the event is not contingent on my participation, but of course I'd love to attend as it will be a blast.

So for me it would have to be the following:
Saturday the 21st
Friday the 27th
Or is it possible that we set it for the first weekend in October 4th-5th?

Let me know what y'all have in mind.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #11
Rocket
See I told ya!

Any of those dates would work for me. I like the idea of a late night Friday match. Let's start seeing who would be interested. Let's narrow the choices down to Friday the 27th of September or the 4th or 5th of October. We can go with whatever gets the most votes. Pawn, let us know what works best on your side.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #12
Pawn
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Any of those dates would work for me. I like the idea of a late night Friday match. Let's start seeing who would be interested. Let's narrow the choices down to Friday the 27th of September or the 4th or 5th of October. We can go with whatever gets the most votes. Pawn, let us know what works best on your side.
Will do!
Old 08-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #13
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Im in. hopefully we can actually lock down the server this time...

I have always refered to BAW as our "Sister City" sotospeak. I for one will be ready to turn that city into rubble!
Old 08-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #14
Bait
‹ber

"sistercity"? lol BAW doesn't run sherman/saints/hostile 24/7!!

what maps are tentative are we talking custom or league maps?
Old 08-27-2013, 07:56 AM   #15
Pawn
n00b

Quote:

Nah we run 7quick, The Yard & Tiger 2,3,4,5,6,7 & 8 (<--Sadly)

I'm up for playing whatever, it would be fun to play some custom maps versus league.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #16
Pawn
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Im in. hopefully we can actually lock down the server this time...

I have always refered to BAW as our "Sister City" sotospeak. I for one will be ready to turn that city into rubble!
Don't make me have to pull on my "try hard" panties. :P
Old 08-27-2013, 08:05 AM   #17
Pawn
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I posted a poll with your dates, we'll see what gets the most nibbles.
Starting Time? I'm thinking 9pm EST. and then we party til folks can't hang.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #18
Starbuck
STARBUCK!!

Quote:

We dont either...in fact i think we've been pretty good about playing differet maps lately. Sure hostile/sherman may be played early on, but only to fill the server. You want to devastation 1v2? Zzzzz...

And yeah, sister city. In that we are similar in our aproach to things, have (mostly) good cool regs- a lot of which are regs for both servers, and play with a similar atmosphere. Servers are friends with eachother, with a lot of back and forth between them. I posted BBR's memorial match on their facebook page, because i felt we were that close :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawn View Post
I posted a poll with your dates, we'll see what gets the most nibbles.
Starting Time? I'm thinking 9pm EST. and then we party til folks can't hang.
This sounds great
Old 08-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #19
Bait
‹ber

"1v2?" ....dex use to have at least 20 3v3 maps that are great for those occasions. can't help if you can't remmeber the names.

and yes it is 24/7 ...they are played everyday and typically during prime time,
with a 25-30min map time thats 1.5 hrs....at which point if you choose not to play
you come back when most people are leaving. Particularly if you stick another league map in there. ...we should prollly put tiger into that mix, and there was one more map.
so 2.5 hrs of server time during prime time.

Ya i do nominate some shitty maps...but thats only cuz i ca'nt remember all the good ones and i just pick random ones on teh "listmaps" functionality, without caring what type fo map it is....NEVER nominate TILBURY.

i digress tho cuz this isn't the thread for this discussion (tho i'd like to point out
adv of dex ... (i) a better bunch of people to play with sorry pawn =] but cuz of 24/7alltalk , (ii) no instant medic mod and (iii) alltalk isn't always on ...adv of BAW (i) 99 map rotation, (ii) shorter maptimes, and (iii) in times past more admins on, something dex improved on this year thx swiss/rocket, (iv) i believe they disable certain maps that are still playable if admins force change.) neither employs the shotgun class tho or flamethrower CLASS.

my apologies for jacking the thread.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #20
Bait
‹ber

-----
back on topic
PAWN ...i remember th elast time i think BAW said they had no prep time for hte maps.

if its going to be 16v16 i'd suggest:
* ghostfront ,
* clervaux3b,
* koln ,
* dod_cs_assault
* jocund
* ambushcombat
* ardennes(is that the right name fysixs winter forest style)
* falaise/bocage
* normandy
* crbelb1 (thats the one fysix found thats a twist on saints or sturm)
* phantom had a good map i think it was bourgh_b2
* cherbourg (for rocks if he still playes)
* custard (nice speedmap)
*feldfeuer
* flugplatz
* frad3 (oh ya hill map)
* fury_b6 always a fav on dex
* guerra_urbana
* veghel
* skyline
* sulz
* somerlot had a tree maps (forest/brown/green) never could remember its name. but athst fun...or the somerlot's xmas tree one.
-------
no idea if objective maps are opposed
but irgwendo ...fysixs has a nice plugin to add a time limit and a switch sides (can't remember if it was glitch proof tho)
or tobruk

-------
others
*siracusa_league, advance(or simialr version), diversion, snowcity, cr44 (for saints lovers) , kort_b4, breakthrough

-------
and if pepople really want that cluster fuck...that bond map chambers (tho i prefer the other bond map with the columnar basement)
------
prolly should aim for 10v10 maps