Dexworld.org

Well itís finally good to see you!

Welcome to the Dexworld.org forums. We like new folks around here, so since you're not registered yet, why donít you drop us a little note so we can get to know you?

We will be more than happy to show you more of our tight little community once we know who you are.

Go Back   Dexworld.org > Game Forums > Day Of Defeat Discussion
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Pubmatch style
I don't care when, i just want often 0 0%
I don't care what, i just want to play 2 50.00%
holidaze - quarterly 0 0%
holidaze - biannual 0 0%
WII style - monthly 0 0%
WII style - quarterly 1 25.00%
WII style - biannal 0 0%
Risk style - annually (for 1-2mth long) 0 0%
tournament style - annualy (for 1-2mth long) 0 0%
tournament style - binualy (for 1-2mth long) 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2015, 08:02 PM   #1
Bait
‹ber

Default dexworld's next pubmatch style

You shoulda ran a poll fysixs =] something like this:

what would you like to see for dexworld's next public scrim:

(a) Holidaze match:
(b) Competitive WWII Normal style:
(c) Competitive WWII Battle-for-europe style:
(d) Fun tournament style:

-------
also post the #occurences/year and ur steam-id if you want
================================

Holidaze match: donations, fun with ghosting /godmode / chicken /melee , admin abuse ,fun noncolor maps (ie xmas_tree, halloween ,easter-island ,easter) ,stock maps

Competitive WWII style: 12v12 min(preferably 16v16) , emphasis on teampoints, team strategy, preferably custom map

Battle-for-europe style: Risk/Domination style of the one before.
Maps are organized according to europe locations. Allies wins push map selection one way , axis wins another way

Teams are usually Absolute rosters of 20v20 30v30 [team captains (prolly 4 per team) cycle players used in maps]. Individual stats (BOO)

Fun tournament style: 6v6 / 7v7 max , bracket style.
Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:08 PM   #2
CanTah

I personally would be interested in C or D
CanTah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:13 PM   #3
Bait
‹ber

wups forgot the multi-choose option.

I think biannually/ quarterly is best

I prefer B but any match where i get to nife fluid would be good.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:51 PM   #4
Domnatr
Five - O

Bait, I really don't understand where you got that the holidaze match consisted of ghosting/godmode/chicken?/or melee or anything of that like. I dont even remember you playing in it. When we played that match, everything was legit and we all played a normal scrim type style. So please get off that either side used some sort of admin abilities to win alright. And Fysiks didnt want a poll, he was just looking at people actually INTERESTED in playing. Nothing more, nothing less. Just a simple "Interested" and STEAM ID was all he wanted folks. After that, it would have been broken down into more detailed of how exactly the matches would have been decided. When I read it, seemed pretty clear and straight forward to me. I personally don't even think anyone read what he posted, because if you did, you would have had no issue in posting and the thread would still be unlocked.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:30 PM   #5
Bait
‹ber

one of the holidaze match i played in they had someone running around as chicken or invisble...and they'd go into the other teams D and stabbing them (it might have been admin vs leeches but pretty sure it was the holidaze as it was suppose to be festive, nvr said anything about abusing to win...abusing for fun). It was when astro was playing more so prolly 2 yrs back.

People are clearly interested in different types of styles...otherwise his post would have been simple...and i did read it...maybe not the way he wanted...
since one of the requirements was "holidaze match" it probably would have been best to provide a link to that style of play.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:12 PM   #6
Domnatr
Five - O

The match you are speaking of was when Elektra and Butterpants played. The leeches had already won and they were messing around at the end because they had no chance. And all they had used was invisibility. That match was also like 4 years ago. The holidaze match, even though it was a fun match, still means that everyone actually tried to win. Once again, a holidaze match, or admins/leeches match is no different. We are there to play, and we play, not fuck around. And no he clearly stated please post if you are interested in playing matches, and your steam id. Also one very short sentence saying a match you would want to play. For example "Yes I would be interested in playing match play, my steam ID is 0:1:2802" That is it.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:35 PM   #7
Mr Nice Guy
Hi! I'm an asshole!

It seems to me like the only thing that matters is the admin facilitating the matches. (not saying that's good or bad but being pragmatic) Find an admin who's willing to commit to their own match schedule and let people sign up for their matches.

Stop trying to organize one big event that everyone agrees to. (there's so much information on why this doesn't work I'll stop there)

You need to have something that's autonomous that people can participate it, otherwise you might as well just run the server as normal. If you can't find someone who wants to run matches it won't matter who's available.

We can make a giant list of people who think matches sound fun, or that they're totally committed to the first one but every thing afterwards is play-it-by-ear. I'm sure there's already a lot of them buried in the past.

If you literally just want to participate in non-league matches just make some friends on Hells Kitchen and when its over come back to Dex, you'd be one of like a half dozen people already doing that most weeks. It's why I miss having the BAW server, I could get my custom map fix and then play out the melee / drink night chaos on Dex.

You can do both if you commit to things that already work, but demanding everyone rallies together is just going to piss off everyone that tried and failed in the past.
Mr Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:03 PM   #8
Fysiks
‹ber

Honestly, I am very insulted by this thread. There is significant opposition to having more matches on the Dexworld server so I tried to make a legitimate attempt to convince the administration that we really do have enough people vested in the idea of more match-style gameplay. Then, you and Karupt come into my thread and piss all over it.

I'm very close to saying that I'm 5000% against any matches happening at this point.
Fysiks is offline   Reply With Quote